Before the development of the Rolleston housing estates began in the 1960ís, the village had about 14 small dairy farms.
The occasional discovery of items of ephemera gives some light on those times and the sale of the equipment and livestock of Ivy House Farm in 1958 is probably a typical example of the scale of operations.
The old farmhouse is on the corner of Station Road and Chapel Lane and its immediate farm land is now Croft Close. The farm was privately owned by the Shelley family and thus not included in the Rolleston estate sales of the 1920ís.
Return to Memory Lane
Last updated: 30 December 2015